The main role of the LO (Language Owner) will be to serve as the main translator and linguistic tester of smart phone UI/UX and as gatekeeper for the quality of translations done by others. You will work with a team and under the supervision of a mentor to complete linguistic projects that involves marketing, branding, user manuals, and of course UX writing and translation. You will gain real work experience and learn to communicate with project managers, other employees and the client, to manage your workload and time, to use translation and testing tools (like CAT), and more.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Actual translations from English to Portuguese (Brazilian) for smart phone UI (User Interface) and UG (User Guide), and others types of content.
- Proofreading/reviewing existing translations against the English source.
- Work with the design team to find the best writing, translation, and localization solutions for a variety of consumer products.
Linguistic testing by screenshots or with actual smart phone.
- Other language owner-related tasks, such as updating glossary, communicating with the client, provide training to the translators.
Marketing translations for the following fields:
- IT - Computer software & hardware
- Telecommunications (Cellphone UI & Manuals)
Note: Technical text will be provided with glossaries, TMs, and sufficient reference files to aid in translations.
- Fast and Efficient (not sacrificing quality for speed)
- Mature & Professional
- Hardworking & Dedicated
- Ability to work in a team setting.
- Pro-active, Confident and Organized
- Resourceful (good at researching terminologies)
- Detail-Oriented / Eye for detail
- Good communication skills (English & Chinese)
- Has passion for translations and linguistics
- Keenness for electronic devices, particularly smartphones
- Previous experience and/or familiarity with translation for the fields mentioned below will be an advantage.
- Native Portuguese (Brazilian speaker
- Must have a very good comprehension of written and spoken English; Chinese proficiency is also a plus.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and their functions.
- Basic knowledge of Internet & Email communication applications.
- Has two to three years of experience as translator in the ICT industry.
- A Bachelor’s Degree, desirably in related fields such as translations, linguistics, marketing or IT
- Office location will be based in Pudong, Shanghai.
- Required to work 40 hours per week.