Koala’s mission is to become the smartest way to buy high-quality furniture online. Combining customer-centric products, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we are changing the way people buy and enjoy furniture.
We are looking for a Social Media & Community Manager to work at our Alexandria head office. Successful applicants will have a passion for crafting exceptional content, their finger on the pulse when it comes to all things social and experience managing a large online community.
- Manage all aspects of Koala’s social accounts, including content creation, scheduling, post monitoring, and reporting.
- Respond to audience comments and handle customer queries/complaints in a timely manner.
- Work with our customer service team to effectively handle any customer complaints/product related issues.
- Develop a social media content calendar that aligns with Koala’s strategic priorities
- Craft engaging social media content for use across all platforms
- Manage online review platforms by analyzing, responding and publishing reviews
- Seizing opportunities to Surprise & Delight our customers
- Monitor and report on feedback and online reviews
- Coordinate with Marketing and Communications teams to ensure brand consistency
- Build relationships with customers, potential customers and anyone engaging with us on social media and online review platforms
- Forwarding all influencer proposals to the Head of Growth and all brand partnerships to the Events & Partnerships Manager
- Have at least 2 years’ experience working in a similar role, with demonstrated ability to create engaging social media content and manage a large and passionate online community.
- Good knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok) and online review websites (Yotpo, productreview) is necessary
- Well developed written communication skills
- Fun, tongue in cheek attitude
- Customer-focused and adapt to different personality types
- Demonstrate a pleasant “can do” attitude
- Ability to understand and use technology to solve problems
- Ability to communicate technical details in layman's terms
- Working knowledge of Facebook page management, and advertising tools
- Working knowledge of Product Review, Yotpo, and Shopify
- Excellent organisational skills
- A positive attitude and “people person” is a must for Koala
- The customer is at the heart of decisions
- Acts with honesty, integrity and ethics in everything they do
- Brings good vibes to the people around them
- Relentless focus on the end game
- Delivers with entrepreneurial mindset
- Naturally curious
- Thinks forward, reflects back
- Ambitious but never arrogant
- Lives the values of Koala
- Rides through change like a boss
- Creates success proactively
- Casual Friday everyday!
- Free products for staff and discounts for family & friends
- Fully stocked kitchen in ultra-modern office
- Regular sports and social events
- Opportunity to be part of rapid growth plans
- Working with a small team – gaining massive exposure!
- Personal growth and learning opportunities
- Working in an ethical organisation that genuinely gives back
- Ethical organisation that genuinely gives back