- Support the Resident Engineer – Topsides to deliver on the fabrication of the Pegaga topsides piping spools.
- Promote safety awareness and performance among Contractor and sub-contractors’ personnel to deliver set safety targets.
- Oversee the activities of the Contractor and sub-contractors to ensure the piping spools fabrication and erection activities are carried out in accordance with plan & procedures and in adherence with safety & quality requirements.
- Manage Contractor piping spools fabrication and erection activities & performance, including identifying potential problems, determining corrective actions needed in order to achieve project objectives and work to have these implemented.
- Support the discipline mechanical completion process. Coordinate completion of ITR-As for area completion and close-out of discipline punchlists.
- Based in the fabrication yard for the full duration of assignment.
Health, Safety, & Environment
- Ensure compliance to all relevant MP & regulatory policies and procedures.
- Drive safety performance among team members, Contractor & sub-contractors’ personnel to achieve safety targets.
- Demonstrate exemplary commitment & leadership to MP’s HSSE goals and culture through active participation in toolbox meetings and safety initiatives.
- Proactive & visible engagement on HSE initiatives with Contractor & sub-contractors’ personnel.
- Review and provide input to Contractor’s piping fabrication schedule to ensure the schedule is realistic and meets the project requirements.
- Manage the Contractor’s piping spools fabrication activities & performance, including identifying potential problems, determining corrective actions needed in order to achieve project objectives and work to have these implemented.
- Review piping fabrication drawings and ISO drawings to ensure it is consistent with the AFC drawings and all necessary fabrication details are incorporated.
- Review Piping test package prior piping hydrotest.
- Provide oversight for the safe & timely construction, of the necessary infrastructure upgrade, to support the construction, integration and load-out of the Pegaga topsides.
- Provide oversight over the fabrication, installation and removal of temporary fabrication supports.
- Provide technical input in view of practicality for constructability related to the fabrication sequences / processes methodology as well as in the area for future offshore installation.
- Review the procedures and JHA for critical construction activities, including construction method of statement, work sequence, lifting plan, project progress and ensure sufficient manpower, facilities and equipment/tools for construction work in accordance to contractual plan/schedule, HSE, QA/QC and specification requirement.
- Review & coordinate the approval of site modification requests, resolution of site technical queries (STQs) and structural integrity checks on temporary construction supports and modification works.
- Coordinate the timely preparation & approval of red-line mark-ups and piping as-built drawings.
- Coordinate with the wider project team, Contractor and MWS on necessary reviews & approvals required to effect critical activities including the installation of the flare boom, installation of the living quarters on the topsides and load-out & seafastening. Ensure all documentation required by MWS are complete and available timely.
- Review the piping ship-loose list and layout location plan and ensure compliance with the plan.
- Coordinate the verification of the as-built dimensions of the topsides, jacket and wellhead deck and ensure they are within the prescribed tolerances required for offshore installation.
- Report progress, performance, initiatives, issues and challenges to Resident Engineer.
- Participate and provide input to Constructability Reviews, Construction Readiness Reviews and other construction related reviews during project planning and execution stage.
- Ensure Piping as-built drawings & other relevant documentation required as part of Final Documentation are progressively reviewed and compiled.
- Provide input to and participate in construction lessons learned reviews.
- Assist the Resident Engineer in interface management with third parties, including IVB, MWS and Company’s other Contractors.
- Provide coaching to other staff to enable them to do similar construction work and take on a similar role on future projects.
- Develop a good collaborative relationship both within MP’s team and with the Contractor & Subcontractors’ personnel with shared values and aligned objectives.
- Participate in site progress meetings, construction related reviews and interface meetings.
- An awareness of working practices in contract management and administration. Also aware of contract terms & conditions specific to his area of responsibility.
- Conversant with the Contractor’s systems and procedures applicable to his scope of work.
- Ability to understand and review planning activity works.
- Conversant with applicable specifications and codes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experienced in overseeing the fabrication and erection of piping spools of a large integrated decks. Degree in mechanical engineering will be an added advantage.
- Familiar with offshore structures design & construction specifications and codes.
- Conversant with processes and procedures for managing HSE performance in a fabrication yard.
- Conversant with construction best practices, including processes, procedures, associated constraints and mitigations. Specific previous experience in the fabrication & loadout of topsides of more than 10,000MT is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience in working collaboratively with Contractor and Sub-contractors personnel.
- General and project management skills, technical skills, good communication skills, analytical skills, good interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently.