DESCRIPTION OF ROLE:
To maintain and improve existing Rooms Revenue Management processes and strive to achieve significant and sustained revenue growth in all the Singapore Properties
LEVEL IN ORGANISATION:
Revenue & E-Commerce team
THIS PERSON’S SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES ARE TO:
1. Maintain and implement as necessary Revenue Management system in Revenue Department and undertake regular monthly audits and review to ensure standards are being met.
2. To maintain a smart and professional approach within the team and with business partners.
3. To provide complete support to Human Resource maintain and grow our culture of learning through education and having a fun oriented atmosphere to achieve high productivity.
4. Conduct regular recorded on-the-job training with related Associates to improve on strengths, weaknesses and areas of growth.
5. Monitor group and transient business thresholds in accordance with selling strategies in Budget & Forecast. Follow all definite and tentative group bookings in Redpartners and amend selling and rate strategy accordingly to ensure measurable improvements in demand generation and ultimately Rooms yield.
6. Maintain appropriate forecasting tool reports to ensure measured tracking of results on a daily basis.
7. Supply critical analysis on the effect of short and long term decisions affecting Occupancy, Average Rate, Rev Par and Rooms profit goals.
8. Have knowledge of City Events, Conventions, Holiday seasons, financial and political status of our Country as well as of key business source countries.
9. Strive to achieve Budgeted Rev Par index against the competition Hotel set, Monitor and analyse competitive set in accordance with “Competition Act”
10. Understand the Brand concept of Best Rate Guarantee and exercise care in rate regulation as per Policy
11. Work closely with E-Commerce Executive to achieve optimum yield through reputable Third Party Intermediaries.
12. Maintain and analyze Revenue by Room type and ensure appropriate room type sale through various channels per Brand or Hotel product.
13. Actively look for new business opportunities and relate to the country head
14. Ensure disciplined configuration of Property Management system in terms of Revenue Management, conduct regular audits on reservation entries.
15. Clearly communicate rate and selling strategy to Country Head.
16. Work closely with individual section heads in Sales and Rooms departments on possible opportunities of Revenue enhancement.
17. Conduct Rooms Revenue meeting, Group follow up meeting once a week, issue the necessary minutes within 48 hours and ensure continued follow up through regular updates.
THIS PERSON’S DECISION-MAKING AUTHORITY INCLUDES:
1. Making decisions regarding Rooms pricing & inventory controls on a daily basis for a minimum future 12 months.
2. Associate coaching, education.
A PERSON IN THIS POSITION SHOULD BE ABLE TO:
1. Demonstrate an ability to implement the Absolute Care Revenue Management System.
2. A sense of urgency to meet deadlines.
3. Ensure prompt completion of daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
4. Identify high and low dates with maximum possible lead time and adjust strategy accordingly by providing selling tools to Sales and Reservations teams.
5. Maintain a level of confidentiality within management hierarchy and also refrain from disclosing confidential internal information to third parties.
THE DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS ROLE WOULD BE:
1. Possess a full understanding of the principles of forecasting and analysis.
2. Be well versed in creating and using Excel spreadsheets with complex formulae.
3. Certified in the use of all systems- property management, reservations & sales & catering, and any other related systems and have an ability to quickly learn and utilise these systems.
4. Experience in the operations field in some capacity.
5. Strong experience or adaptable training in the use of automated systems, and software programs.
6. Possess an ability to effectively and professionally communicate at all levels of the hotel.
7. Have a creative & innovative approach to revenue maximisation and the ability to educate others in Revenue Management and maximisation techniques.