Duties and responsibilities
- Write at least one server-side language at a high level.
- Be able to write modern, standards-compliant PHP.
- Understand at least one MVC framework.
- Understand the fundamentals of REST.
- Review and interpret business requirements.
- Collaborate with other engineers, designers, and business analysts.
- Understand virtualization and have experience with some flavor of VirtualBox, Vagrant, Docker, etc.
- Design, build and maintain databases.
- Know your way around a server; basic web server configuration, cron management, Package-management (apt or similar) and other housekeeping.
- Understand GIT and adhere to a workflow.
- Were great at Linux and basic shell scripting.
- Knew a little bit about task runners and contribute to Front End workflows (Gulp, NPM, Grunt, Docker, VMs, etc.)
- Had a working knowledge of JQuery and at least one additional JS framework/library
- Knew a little about cloud computing, Amazon a bonus.
- Really know your way around MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Knew a thing or two about Laravel 4 and 5.
- Working shift: from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm/ Mon-Fri
- College/ Bachelor degree in the related field
- Highly proficient in spoken, written and listening English
- 3-5 year experiences in the related field
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Positive, can-do spirit, proactive, result-driven, and resourceful
- Willing to learn new things and enjoying new challenges
- Willing to work overtime
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and within limited time constraints