Ipsos Australia is a leading global market research company with offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth and Brisbane. We provide quantitative and qualitative research across Australia to national and international clients, and globally rank as the 3rd largest market research company.
The Market Research Assistant role is responsible for the day to day running of the project, including management of fieldwork, data analysis and report/presentation preparation, relationships with external providers and third parties, operations teams and clients, with support, coaching and mentoring from senior researchers.
- End to end coordination of assigned projects
- Understanding project specifications and requirements and working with the Project Director to prepare the project plan and job costing
- Assist with questionnaire design and when prepare any related stimulus material
- Testing survey links to ensure correct implementation of questionnaire scripting
- Building strong relationships with field operations, liaising with them to prepare field work quotes, commence field work, and manage fieldwork progress (eg monitoring quotas and sampling)
- Executing the project plan within required timeframes, specifications, and to budget
- Liaising with data processing to oversee initial datafile production
- Take the lead (in consultation with the Project Director) on data weighting, table production, basic analysis and assist in charting and analysing the data
- Working with the Project Director to prepare content for reports and presentations
- Working with the Project Director to understand research and account management techniques, taking on opportunities to manage aspects of client management as appropriate
- A curious mind and genuine passion for research and advertising, ideally including government and social advertising
- Strong attention to detail and highly analytical
- Tertiary qualification in marketing, psychology, economics, statistics or any business or science degree that has a strong analytical, statistical and quantitative flavour
- Work experience involving quantitative analysis for a minimum 2 years on the agency side of market research
- Sound understanding of quantitative research techniques and statistics
- Experience in qualitative research an advantage, but not required
- Experience with business development and project management is highly regarded
- Advanced proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong knowledge of Q preferable.